RE: viruses

What "viruses" are you trying to block? With network filtering, you
should only be allowing in services that you really use, like inbound
www and mail. If you are letting in all traffic from the internet or you
don't know what I'm talking about, see www.netfilter.org documentation
on how to build a real firewall.

If you are talking about application layer viruses like through email:

Kazaa, etc worms cannot be blocked since nobody's written filters for
them.
Email can be blocked by running a virus scanner on your email server.
Search for antivirus products that support your mail server. ClamAV is
my personal choice for Sendmail servers.

Beyond that, you need to be more specific about your problem before
anyone can help.