Anyone using PCI/USB xDSL under Linux?

I am looking to find people who are using either a PCI xDSL card or an
USB xDSL modem right now under Linux. I am not entirely sure where I
should go look to find people who do this, but they definitely exist
now that there are drivers for several modems.

Specifically I am interested in performance and latency.

When using an ethernet connected xDSL modem, you obviously get the
ethernet latency for transmitting the packet and you need to limit
your send speed to something below the actual link speed to own the
queue. The ethernet latency is largely insignificant, but owning and
having exact control over the send queue is intriguing.

So, if anyone has any input on the matter or knows where I might look
further, I would be very interested to know.

TIA,
-- Naked