Re: IMQ patch for iptables-1.2.9 and kernel 2.6.2 final !

Andre,
thanks for doing this. I also felt like I need to say something for
some time. Roy, you should also stop telling people your version would
be "more stable". IMQ's problems are related to specific setups, so I
don't understand how you can state this without even understanding the
problem. Evidence points to IMQs use of skb->destructor, which means
you'll probably see problems when using IMQ with local tcp/udp traffic.
Your approach of using NF_STOLEN instead of NF_QUEUE seems like a good
idea, but besides beeing butt-ugly your code isn't usable for ingress
traffic, so it's not a replacement for many people. Other bugs probably
exist, I just had a short look.

Patrick

BTW: Not that I would care much, but why did you replace my copyright
with credits for hook registration to Martin ? Martin's version did not
even hook netfilter, it's clearly derived from my version.

Andre Correa wrote:

Hi, I'm sorry for not being able to be really polite this time, but:

Roy, can you please STOP telling that egress crashs IMQ!?

We've discussed it lots of times before, here and at linuximq mailling list and the only known functionality that crashs IMQ (oriinal) is to touch local generated traffic...

I've being using ingress+egress with IMQ in a server with a great amouunt of traffic, for a long period without any crashs.

Please don't keep telling something known to be wrong or otherwise proove it so we can fix it...

tks

Andre