How does it look like when IMQ crashes?

Hi,
when the IMQ-device crashes, how does it look like? Should there be an
error message somewhere or is the network simply dead or does the
machine get high load etc etc. or machine freeze?

The context is that I've successfully used the IMQ-device for pure
download shaping on an adsl line. now when I use exactly the same
system with an ISDN-card instead of adsl, the system freezes from
time to time.

thx
cb