Getting crazy with marking packets

Hi all .. I'm getting crazy triying to undestand why my packets are not going
by the ISP I want them to  .. :S

I mark smtp and pop3 packets on PREROUTING with -j MARK setting it mark to
0x02 .. then with ip rule add fwmark table mail.traffic its supposed they
will only go out by ISP1, but they are going out by a random provier from my
list of ones ... :(

Any hit please ? ... what are I'm doing wrong? .. I have read the archives and
searched at google with no success ...