Latency low enough for gaming

Welcome to me, and my very first lartc post.
As with most first timers, i made a mistake. Admin, disregard the
earlier message, as i was still waiting for the subscription
confirmation. Should it get through still, i apoligize.

For the last few weeks i have been trying to make it so our 2048/512
adsl line can be used for gaming and for leeching at the same time. The
current result is what can be found at http://www.schmakk.dk/~schmakk
which is what is running at the NAT gateway. This has done a lot for the
latency, but still there is huge problems with eg. massive http
downloads (5+ threads makes ping go up to at least 200).

I have learned a lot from the lartc list archive, but this specifik
leaves me with no clue. I have been able to get real close to normal
latency by capping incoming traffic at around 1200kbits, but its no fun
throwing away almost half your bandwidth.

Can i get any recommendations?

Also, if you have the time, a look through my script is much appreciated.
(Im concerned about the calculations for dividing the bandwidth, the
general setup of everything and the ipp2p+connmark tagging.)
--
Patrick Petersen <lartc@xxxxxxxxxx>