iproute2 and kernel 2.6.1/2

Hi there

I sent this earlier today, but haven't seen it on the list.
I appologise if this ends up being a duplicate.

I've searched the archives and googled for a solution with
no success - has anyone successfully built iproute2 under
kernel 2.6.1, or 2.6.2? I've tried various releases, each
compile aborting with different errors.

If this is wishful thinking at this stage, does anyone have
a suitable solution for the "Routing for multiple uplinks"
scenario? ie. traffic which arrives on a particular
interface is setup to leave via the same interface. I have
2 NICs, each on a different subnet, both connected to the
Net. Will probably be running 2 IPs on the first and 1 on
the second.

Thanks
Dale