Re[3]: per-session QoS

B> So maybe I'm dense, but I thought that throughput limit on classes where
B> class-wide, not for each session in the class. In otherwords, if I limit
B> class A to 50KB/5s, every tcp session in that class fights for the same
B> 50KB/5s.

You are right. My example would put all sessions exceeding max_bw into
the class, thus sessions would fight for the same 50KB/s

B> Instead, I want every tcp session to have a thoughput limit of 50KB/5s.

I cant think of a good way doing it.
Some terrible and hackish method would be creating lots and lots of
classes, lots and lots of iptables rule for each source
(if only client inits a connection) port, then mark the packets and
have lots and lots of filters for each MARK value.
This would require smart approach as if no logic optimizations will
be done the amount of different match rules would kill the box (and
throughput of it). Some approaches would be hashing all the filters
by the client's ip, creating iptables chains for each client, matching
more commonly used ports first.

P.Krumins