RE: limiting p2p

> Hi there, i am having really big troubles setting up ipp2p. I have a
> woody with kernel upgraded to 2.4.20 and iptables 1.2.8. I changed the
> makefile to include these modifications, but still it captures no
> traffic at all.. Do i need to run it under 2.4.18?

Well, for us it was working with all kernels from 2.4.18 on. We are
currently struggeling problems with 2.4.24 but not sure if this is a kernel issue
since we got a whole new box - investigation will take place soon.

First of all: are you sure there is any P2P traffic occuring at your link?
Is the IPP2P rule put at the correct place (PREROUTING of mangle for example)?
Go to http://rnvs.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/ipp2p/ documentation page -
there are a couple of examples how to use IPP2P.

If this doesn't help come back to me with your setup and ruleset - maybe
traffic is accepted somewhere else before IPP2P comes into play.

Regards,
Mike.