Re: Private Address Routing via Tunnels

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:10:43PM +0100, Jose Luis Domingo Lopez wrote:
> On Sunday, 01 February 2004, at 17:09:39 +0000,
> Alan Ford wrote:
>
> > My problem is routing from *public* addresses on network A to *private*
> > addresses on network B, or vice versa. (Private <-> private is fine).
>
> The routing table on both gateways apply to all traffic that arrives to
> them, so if traffic from one gateway's private network can reach the
> other remote private network correctly, I think the same should happen
> to the public IP ranges from both networks.

I've now done some packet sniffing to confirm what I suggested in my first
mail. The packets get there OK, but responses don't come back.

They can route from the public to the private blocks, because they get to
the router and the router knows to send it down the IPIP tunnel. But how
can I configure the router at the other end to know to send responses
from the private block to the public block down the tunnel? I think that's
what I am needing to do here, does that make sense?

Thanks,
Alan

--
Alan Ford * alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx