Viruses bouncing around on this list

I'm sure many are aware of this already but I thought I would insinuate myself for a moment here.

Our mail servers have blocked two posts to this list today, due to them containing inappropriate file attachments - one with an .SCR file, and one with a .PIF file.

Yeah, my servers blocked them, no harm done. But I doubt everyone subscribing to this list is running a setup that blocks these kinds of emails.

Seems that it would be a good idea for the folks running the SMTP server(s) hosting this list to set up some kind of scanner. Dunno which SMTP software is running this but we run one called qmail-scanner, it seldom ever even gets to the point that it actually invokes a virus scanner to scan attachments, because we have it configured to quarantine any email that contains any of about 50 different types of inappropriate attachments.

OK, I'll stop pontificating now....

have a nice day :)