Re: Problems with netfilter

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Nikhil Jogia wrote:

> I have 2 internet connections (1 adsl/1 cable). I am try to route all
> outgoing mail from the mail server (on the same box), through the ADSL
> connection routing through the cable will mean mail will get rejected by AOL
> :( I am using qmail as the mail server.

Have you tried binding the mail server to the ADSL IP address ?

> I feel that I have tried everything to get this to work - read the archives,
> googled, played with a million iptables rules, iproutes and loaded kernel
> modules - but to no avail!

Are the FORWARD tables configured to ACCEPT the packets, either by default
policy or explicit rules  ?

One thing I feel is missing are POSTROUTING SNAT rules, so that if a
packet is going out to an interface with an IP source that is not its
address, it's natted to the IP address. You should have two of that rules,
one for the cable and for the ADSL.

Rubens