rshaper Config

Hi Every One,

I am using Linux 2.4 with 8390 Network driver. For
configuring rshaper in one of the manual i have
studied that need to insert the following line in
Global space of Kernel.

int (*net_shaper_rx_hook)(struct sk_buff *skb) = NULL;

Can you suggest me anyone steps to insert the line and
where in my Linux System. I am very new to kernel
part.

I am very greatful to you if any one help me in this
regard.

Thanks in Advance

Tulasi