Re: transparently passing url requests to local servers sharing ip?

Hi all,

Unless I understood wrongly you can do this by using
iptables.

Or if I understood wrongly please give example of url.

[]´s
Anderson

> hey, i'm hoping there's someone out there that can help
 me out...
> i found http://lartc.org/howto/index.html through a fri
end who was
> trying to help with something i'm trying to accomplish.
>
> for various practical and educational reasons, i have a
 few servers set
> up on my home network, all running apache on various op
erating systems,
> all accessible through port forwarding. i only have one
 ip which they
> all share. for instance:
>
> http://24.30.102.177:1721/ is an osx server on the netw
ork
> (192.168.0.104)
> http://24.30.102.177:1722/ is a slackware linux server
on the network
> (192.168.0.101)
> http://24.30.102.177:1723/ is a windows nt server on th
e network
> (192.168.0.106)
>
> what i want to do is have something running on the linu
x box (which the
> router would dmz) that would take a url requested and l
et a particular
> server on the network serve a web site. i'd like it to
be transparent
> to the client, so they never see port numbers in their
address bar, and
> i'd like the web serving to be done by the box the file
s rest on; not
> strictly the linux box's apache.
>
> i don't need someone to hold my hand through the whole
process which i
> expect to be tricky, but i'd like to know if what i'm t
rying to do is
> even possible with linux routing-
 if i'm barking up the right tree so
> to speak. also, i don't seem to have iproute installed
and every site
> which is supposed to have it seems to be down. do you k
now where i can
> get it? if i need it, that is.
>
> i've been searching for a clue for some time now, and a
ny light on this
> subject would be hugely appreciated!
> skwerl

tp://lartc.org/