Re: RE: LARTC digest, Vol 1 #1523 - 17 msgs

On Tuesday 06 January 2004 10:43, Aron Brand wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> It seems that I wasn't clear. Lets give an example.
>
> I have a machine with a single ethernet interface, with two IP addresses
> A and B. This is done using two virtual interfaces.
> A is my IP address in ISP-A. B is my IP address in ISP-B. The physical
> line to ISP-A is 1.5Mbps. The physical line to ISP-B is 256kbps.
>
> I want to shape the traffic so that, for example, HTTP traffic will take
> no more than 10% of the ISP-B link, and no more than 20% of the ISP-A
> link.
>
> There seems to be no way to do this without the ability to attach a
> qdisc to a virtual interface. Please correct me if I am wrong...
You can do this if this box is also natting.  The difference between packets
leaving the 2 links is the source address.  You can use the source address to
put the traffic in 2 different classes.  After that you can create subclasses
for http traffic.

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx