Re: Multihomed Masquerading, routing and iptables

On Monday 05 Jan 2004 02:55, Rio Martin wrote:

> Bobic having the problem similar to what i got with one of my server
> running kernel-2.4.20. All the interface i have are under the same brand
> (Realtek), eth0 would be for clients, eth1 for DSLCable, eth2 for Wireless
> 2.4Ghz. Weirdly, several of my clients set up correctly to use both eth1
> and eth2, but there are many clients having the wrong route packets just as
> Bobic.
>
> This problem can be solved if i change to use SNAT instead of MASQUERADE.
> Try it Bobic.

Hmm. Just replace -j MASQUERADE with -j SNAT? Will that not break other
things?

> This Masquerade problem didnt appeared under my Linux 2.4.21

So, it is a 2.4.20 kernel problem? I was hoping to avoid home-brewing a kernel
again like I did back with my old setup (RH 7.0, 2.2 kernel), and stick with
a standard release kernel.

Thanks.

Gordan