IMQ problems :-(

Hi

I have built a custom TMB Mandrake kernel (2.4.22) with IMQ and ESFQ
support. I statically compiled both (mistake?) ESFQ is sorted and
working fine (I have succesfully patched IPROUTE2).

I have got to the stage where I can see the IMQ device as UP with ifconfig.
I can use TC to add QDISCs to the IMQ device. However I just cannot sort out
IPTABLES to actually redirect packets to the IMQ device!! I have been trying
for weeks to sort this problem out and its really helping to develop
my Linux Zen awareness...

Currently I am trying to patch iptables-1.2.8 with iptables-1.2.7a IMQ
patch. I am not getting a .d dependency file for the lipipt_IMQ.c file
in the iptables - extensions directory. I think this is because the
IMQ patch looks for an ipt_IMQ.c file in directory
.../net/ipv4/netfilter/ in my kernel sources. But my kernel source
doesn't have this file. This is the common problem for all the older iptables
-IMQ patches I have tried.

Why don't I have this file in my kernel sources? Is it because I
statically linked in supported for IMQ into the kernel? Do I need to
recompile the kernel with IMQ selected as a module??

I am very new to Linux so these patches for this and patches for that
plus something called 'patch-o-matic' are all getting a bit....

Yours in patchyness...

Robert