Traffic shapper and bridge

The university is like a  ISP to give access to Internet to several
faculties, but we want to restrict the traffic, we needed a traffic shaper
to do this, I wanted to have something like (Packeteer INTEL NETSTRUCTURE
7370 aplication server) which it is a bridge where I not need IP for my
networks cards.

somebody knows one good one to work it on Linux?

Regards.