RE: mangle

> On Monday, 08 December 2003, at 15:39:48 +0200,
> Eddie wrote:
>
> > I have a linux gateway box,eth1 internet and eth0 lan
> > Now I made my qdisk for eth1 but now I want to mark them with iptables.
> > The thing it I dont now wht to use,-A FORWARD or PREROUTING?
> >
> Check for the Kernel Packet Traveling Diagram at:
> http://www.docum.org/stef.coene/qos/kptd/

Please note that this diagram is not valid for iptables.

When using iptables, packets that are "traversing" the linux box (forwarded
trafic) do not go thru the INPUT and OUTPUT chains.

You'll find an iptable packet traversal diagram at :
http://www.knowplace.org/netfilter/packet_traversal.gif

Rgds,
Ronnie.