Re: Aliases and Multipath

Thanks guys for such quick response :) coool

Well let me go deeper now with my routing issuess.

My desirable topology is:

LAN ---- Linux Box ---- eth0    -- dsl router (dhcp)
                        eth0:1  -- Frame Router ISP1 (fixed ip range)
                        eth0:2  -- Frame Router ISP2 (fixed ip range)

Then i would config:

        eth0    according dhcp server aa.aa.aa.aa
        eth0:1  xx.xx.xx.xx
        eth0:2  yy.yy.yy.yy

The idea is to balance the outgoing traffic through the three ISPs. One
little trouble is dhcp renewal (it always tries to set the default
gateway, anyone knows how to avoid that? i could find out from
dhcp-client-leases and then configure myself at the right place at the
right moment).

According to the FAQ i need to guarantee first that any request from
eth0 IPADDR goes to the right gateway and so on with eth0:1 and eth0:2
(that's reasonable).

After that i would do the multipath config. The question goes now with
the NAT stuff, how can i do the SNAT after balancing the traffic with
the multipath routing? I can't do:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0   -j SNAT aa.aa.aa.aa
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0:1 -j SNAT xx.xx.xx.xx
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0:2 -j SNAT yy.yy.yy.yy

iptables just does not likes eth0:1 neither eth0:2, is this the right
behaviour of iptables or what? i read something about NAT in advance
routing engine but never used before and i'm little confuse on how it
works. Will it crash with iptables NAT engine?

Just to finish to build the router i need to do DNAT for my internal
servers but that's trivial with iptables but anyway it would be great to
know how to do it with a single tool (don't need to do firewalling in
this machine so far, just routing and stateless nat, our should it be
statefull? hmmmm need to think about).

Heeey, does anyone knows if someone has translated the LARTC-FAQs to
Spanish? I could do that :) I would like to contribute...

Kind regards

Guillermo

--
Guillermo Gomez <ggomez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>