Re: HTB problem

Doesn't anyone have any ideas regarding my problem ?

Mihai Tanasescu wrote:

Hello,

I'm having some problems using HTB to prioritize traffic on my linux router.
The main problem is as follows:
I have a 6Mbits channel on the metropolitan network and a 64kbps link for the sites outside my country.

These 64kbps are dynamically allocated by my ISP so I usually get something like 128kbps , sometimes 512kbps and even 1 Mbit; it varies all the time.

Because of this I don't know how to automatically adjust my HTB script depending on the total bandwidth available on the external link (without specifying the maximum to 64kbps thus limitting every connection even if my ISP grants me more than this bandwidth).

Anyone got any ideas ?