Re: $100 USD to the first person that can provide the rules/scripts that will solve the QOS latency & bandwidth allocation issue !!!!

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 19:04, Greg Freeman wrote:
> To stress the urgency and importance of my questions,  I am willing to
> pay $100 to the first person that can provide me with the scripts/ rules
> that will work in my SnapGear firewalls that will solve the problems I
> am having.
Maybe this can help :

- use the htb qdisc
- for your RTP/VoIP class, use a short prio qdisc, not a sfq qdisc
- preserve a minimum bandwidth for RTP/Voip
  example : limit all non RTP/Voip traffic to 600kbps so RTP/VoIP has always
40kbps immediatly available.  This can be done with the ceil parameter if you
use htb.  If you don't do this and RTP/VoIP needs bandwidth, the other
traffic has to throttle down and that can take some time.
- if you use htb, give the RTP/VoIP class a lower prio BUT !!!! make sure that
that class NEVER sends more data then the rate you give to that class.

Good luck.

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx