Re: Multiple connections

"Chijioke Kalu" <kchijioke@..> wrote:
>>I am having a hard time splitting the bandwidth among my friends in my
>> LAN.
>>I use HTB and iptables. As far as I see HTB works great when it comes to
>>limiting the bandwidth (ceil parameter),
>>but when it comes to splitting the bandwidth as equal as possible
>> (through
>>the rate parameter). it is rather useless.
> disagree here... she's fantastic
>>For instance I have a 128kbps Internet connection. I give the same rate
>>all my 10 "clients" (somewhere around 12kbps each).
>   12kbps is too high for 10 clients, u shld accomodate burst, am sure ur
> probably breaking the ceil parameter

I have the same configuration and settings for 10 clients i have down here.
Each clients get its proper rate. I agree that sometimes client get rate a
little bit higher than the CEIL parameters, but that because SFQ able to
burst. As far as i monitored my bandwidth manager, the rate wont get
higher than 1 kilobit for each class i defined.

Regards,
Rio Martin.