Re: bridging troubles

Robert Kurjata wrote:
Witaj Padraig,

W Twoim liście datowanym 24 listopada 2003 (14:18:04) można przeczytać:

PB> Hi, I would like to be able to control
PB> the slave devices of a bridge independently
PB> of the bridge interface. For e.g. if I have
PB> eth0 and eth1 in a bridge eth0-eth1, then
PB> I the following doesn't give an error,
PB> but doesn't actually work either?

PB> ip link set dev eth0 promisc on

AFAIR in the bridge the interfaces MUST be in promisc mode for the
bridge to work at all. So the command above has no meaning.

Well it does if I want to stop traffic temporarily.

PB> However this does work?

PB> ip link set dev eth0 down

this does stop traffic temporarily, but has other side affects I don't want.

Pádraig.