Equal-cost multipath

Hi all,

I have a network with a Redhat 8.0 gateway. It has 3 nic's, 1 connected
to the lan, and the other 2 connected to ADSL routers. I have configured
split access with load-balancing, using ip rules and ip routes (with
weight 1 for both external interfaces).

The load-balancing is working to a degree, but is not giving me exactly
what I want - the gateway is caching routes, so if I download a large
file from a site, the route to that site is cached, and it is all
traffic is routed down 1 ADSL connection. What I would like to do is
split the traffic, so that all traffic is split equally down both lines
(equal cost multipath I think). Is what I am trying to do possible, or
should it be working as I have configured it? Is it possible to specify
to the kernel not to cache routes?

Regards,

Brett Cavé

Nerds On-Site