Ultime traffic conditionner

Hello!

I have experienced problems with the script presented at pages 90-91 of the
lartc howto. The script reduces the bandwith greatly and make the ping very
high. I have tried many combinations for the UPSTRAM and DOWNSTREAM
variables without success.

Does anybody know were the problem comes from?

Regards,

Pete