New member

Hi All,

I'm new one the list and thought it somewhat appropriate to
divulge a little info about myself

Name: Cilliè
Country : South-Africa

I work for a ISP and we have been playing with tc/iptables/iproute
snort and a whole load of other stuff on and off for the past view months.

I have a small problem with tc that I struggle to find a solution for and was
wondering if someone would be so kind as to help with it.

I have successfully set up some queuing chains, classfull and some
tbf's and sfq's but felt limited with the extent of tc's packet classifier.

So i thought that the FWMARK thing would be a great solution to the problem,
but unfortunately I can not get this to work.

Marking of the packets appears to be successfull but tc's classifier
[ rule something like "fw handle 6" ] fails to pick up the marked packets
( if its all right if i explain this so crudely )

I have tried several different kernels, with the patches applied, and yet it
still seems to fail in this.

First was a patched RH 7.3 kernel ( 2.5.18-3 )
A redhat 9 kernel and a
gentoo linux kernel that had already been patched with [filter on fwmark]
and all the other relevant stuff.

All the relevant options are compiled in.

As i'm writing this a stock 2.4.20 kernel is also being compiled.

Could anyone please try and clarify for me why this does not work ( or what I
am 10 to 1 doing wrong ?)

I would really appreciate this

Best Regards,
Ciiliè