routing ways

Hi,
This is just a hypothetical case (now) to get my basics cleared.
If I have 2 different service providers A and B which provides me bandwidth.
They terminate their lines on their two separate routers. So, one end of
router has a external ip and the end connected to a switch in my LAN
has an internal ip. So, I have two gateways to reach the internet i.e.
192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2
Now, I want to keep a Linux box which will be connected to the switch
and serve as gateway for windows clients. My aim is random routing and
NOT source-based routing. So, will this work properly as random router,

# route add -net default gw 192.168.0.1
# route add -net default gw 192.168.0.2

So, my routing table will carry entries like,

0.0.0.0         192.168.0.2     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
0.0.0.0         192.168.0.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0

So, in theory this will do random routing between two ISPs.
But a friend of mine says that this won't work and this is a classic
"one-lung router".
He says that for such a thing to work I have to give two ips from
differnt subnets like e.g. (just fake ips for examples)

# route add -net default gw 202.54.10.1
# route add -net default gw 61.11.191.11

And give two IPs from the respective subnets to my Linux box.
Can someone please explain whether this and why my thinking may not
work?

Thanks a lot and bye.
With warm regards,
-Payal