Re: Forwarded traffic bypassing filter

<being extremely subtle...>

I haven't looked at the code, but the path these packets take through
the IP stack may be "unusual".  You have configured your network in a
very strange manner.  Generally, for ethernet networks, you want all
interfaces in the same subnet to be on the same broadcast network.  You
might have better luck if you make Machine1 a bridge or a normal IP
router.  Is there a reason why you have configured your network in this
way?