Split Access Problems

Good day,

I've searched through the mailman lists and no one seems to have had my problem yet. Here goes:

I've wrote a script that goes through and creates the split access steps. However I have changed somethings.

I've declared all my variables at the top of the shell script.

I only have one physical external ip address. So i created a virtual addess at eth0:0

My first problem is when I run the line: ip route add $P1_NET dev $IF1 src $IP1 table T1

I get the error: Error: argument "T1" is wrong: "table" value is invalid

For reference sake here is my script:

IF1=eth0
IF2=eth0:0
IP1=10.123.124.52
IP2=10.123.124.53
P1=10.123.124.253
P2=10.123.124.251
P1_NET=10.123.124.0/24
P2_NET=10.123.124.0/24

# Now lets add routes to two separate tables (T1, T2). This just tidy's things up a bit.

ip route add $P1_NET dev $IF1 src $IP1 table T1
ip route add default via $P1 table T1
ip route add $P2_NET dev $IF2 src $IP2 table T2
ip route add default via $P2 table T2

# Now we setup our main routing table.

ip route add $P1_NET dev $IF1 src $IP1
ip route add $P2_NET dev $IF2 src $IP2

# Now we prefrence our default route

ip route add default via $P1

# Next, setup the routing rules. These choose what routing table to route with. Make sure you
# route out a given interface if you already have the corresponding address.

ip rule add from $IP1 table T1
ip rule add from $IP2 table T2

exit 0

Intelligent Digital Security.