Re: tc filter expression

Catalin BOIE <util@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Niels Vorgaard Christensen wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am working on a router with three interfaces. eth2 and eth0 are
>> connected to two different Internet providers. The interface eth1 are
>> connected to an internal network. Now I need a tc filter expression
>> that will determine which interface the packet was routed in through
>> to be able classify packets going out eth1 based on provider. I know I
>> could mark packets with netfilter, but if it is possible to construct
>> a tc filter expression to do the job I would much prefere that.
>
> I think you can use ingress + policy + ds to mark packets (DSCP IP field)
> on eth0 and eth2. Then on eth1 you can classify base on this field.

Could you give me an example of how this could be done? The DSMARK
documentation that I have found is a bit difficult. I can't find any
examples of marking in ingress, and if I understand you right, you
think that it is possible to mark all packets in ingress on let's say
eth0 (provider 1), and then classify based on that mark in egress of
eth1 (internal iface).

Regards,
Niels V. Christensen