Re: Redundant Internet connections [Updated]

Robert Kurjata wrote:

I have a load balancing setup for 3 uplinks (3 different providers and
technologies) w/failover set with http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/ Nano-HOWTO
(carefully done By-The-Book - any shortcut and it's gone).

I have finished implementing this step by step, and things still do not appear to be working.

During the testing phase, I have two problems (output which differs from what the howto says I should get).
1) When I run "ip route list table main", only the proper entries for NWE1/NME1 and NWE2/NME2 come up, not the one for NWI/NMI.
2) "ip route get from (IPE1|IPE2) to 204.152.189.113" both return "network unreachable"
All the other output matches exactly.

My only thoughts are that I've swapped an IP or two somewhere, but I've been over the script a ton of times already, and nothing presents itself to me.

Any help or troubleshooting hints would be greatly appreciated.

Seth J. Blank
Systems Operations
Capital Market Services, LLC

When you need to check if the net is reachable with either of the
links just try to ping some machines outside (a set would be nice)
forcing an output address to be one or the other and decide if you
need to change normal multihop gateway to single hop one via link 1 or
2. Should work with nano, because it's preserving output address thus
preserving the routes. Works for me (after some sleepless nights, tons
of caffe :). I can pull the plug out and nothing bad happens
(only the traffic shaping needs some correction).

[cut the rest]