kernel panic with using IMQ - why?

Hi, All!
I have kernel panic with using IMQ on my linux router.
In archive of this mailing list i found reason of this truble:
i used PREROUTING -j IMQ and POSTROUTING -j IMQ in one time
but i don't understand why this configuration is broken?
I want to control all traffic on my external interface,
for example i want to lease 30kbit/sec (inbound+outbound,
without dividing) for encrypting channel between the host of my LAN
and some host of Internet.
Please, explain to me reasons of this behavior or send me links
to this explanation.

Sorry for my bad English

WBR Pavel Malkov