which executed first, tc or netfilter

I have several local networks connected to internet
via a gateway, acting as SNAT box as well as shaper
box.

in some occasions, I got confused about which one is
executed first inside the kernel; the SNAT rules
postrouting chain, or the tc filter rules that
classify packet for shaping/queueing.

I need to know which source address I should use in
the tc filter rules, the local IP source, or the
public IP that used for SNAT.

I have tried to look at tc -s ..show command result,
or iptables -L result, but I'm not convinced yet.

anybody has nice explanations about that?

thank you.