Re: Re: HTB and metro+int. limits

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 21:27, Alex wrote:
> Thanks for your replay, it really helps, but to take the question further,
> from what you have seen in my sample script, how should I classify packets
> with "tc" ? I don't know  how to put them in separate classes,. What I have
> in my script will only shape metro traffic, but for international how would
> the "tc" command be?
> Something like:
> /sbin/tc class add dev eth2 parent 1:2 classid 2:11 htb rate 50kbit ceil
> 100kbit prio 5
> /sbin/tc filter add dev eth2 parent 1:0 protocol ip prio 5 u32 match ip dst
> 192.168.254.10 flowid 1:11
> Would this be the correct commands?
No.  You create a class with a wrong number.  If the parent class is 1:x, the
class name has to be 1:y.

> Thanks again.
>
> Alex
> ---begin my script----
> sbin/tc qdisc add dev eth2 root handle 1: htb default 10
> /sbin/tc class add dev eth2 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 10M
> #metro
> /sbin/tc class add dev eth2 parent 1:1 classid 1:10 htb rate 10M
> /sbin/tc filter add dev eth2 protocol ip parent 1:10 prio 3 handle 6 flowid
> 1:10
This filter will not do much (typo?).  You attach it to class 1:10 (the parent
parameter).  This should be 1: so all packets leaving eth2 will be checked
against this filter.
And is 10M working?  Normally 10mbit is used.

Stef

--
stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx
 "Using Linux as bandwidth manager"