Re: How to recognize P2P

This sounds quite a bit like what I've been trying to do regarding IM
clients. The solution, if you're trying to shape P2P traffic anyway, would
probably best be solved by the layer7 filter and some appropriate tc rules.

http://l7-filter.sourceforge.net

But if you're trying to block them altogether, then you've just opted
yourself into the 'Find a way to block layer 7 packets with tc' club. We
don't have many members, and we haven't even come close to attaining the
goal, but the picnics are fun.

The card problem is definately a fun one, although in my experience linux
assigns iface names in the following fashion: PCI (from top (closest to
AGP/CPU) to bottom), then Onboard. so usually I just play around with the
order of the cards, although I'm sure theres a better way to do it. The
networking HOWTO and appropriate mailing lists located here:

https://secure.linuxports.com/

will probably help a bit, too.

Hope it helps,
Derek