Re: IMQ Install Without Recompiling Kernel?

1) Why is RH a bad choice?
2) Why the sarcasm about not wanting to recompile the kernel? I love using
Linux, and I have recompiled kernels before. However, in this application it
may not be my best choice. You do not know my situation. I tried recompiling
the kernel on this machine and had much trouble with the particular SCSI
card in that machine. However, I felt this list was limited to routing
issues and NOT kernel recompilation issues with a SCSI card.
3) My boss prefers that we stay with the stock RH kernel. If that is not
possible then I will recompile, but only if absolutely necessary.
4) I'm not the qdisc or routing master, but from my reading I understand the
following:
        -An egress qdisc applied to eth0 ONLY shapes traffic leaving eth0,
NOT eth1, eth2, etc.
        -I don't want to write an egress qdisc for each of my 9 interfaces,
plus I also want ingress control.
        -With that said, I want a subnet to be limited to speed X megabits
no matter if traffic is leaving or entering eth0, eth1, or any other
interface.
5) I have different types of customers on each interface, hence different
traffic flows and speeds.
6) I have read this mailing list for well over a year now and enjoyed it
quite a bit. I really appreciate all the members who help and give really
good pointers.

Thank you.

Walt