Re: Problem with htb and fwmark

Morten Isaksen wrote:
Hi!

I am trying to prioritize udp traffic to satisfy our gamers.

<SNIP>

The problem is that the all the traffic is going to the default class no
matter what I do.

I can see that the counters in "iptables -t mangle -L -v -n" is counting up,
but the counters in "tc -s class ls dev eth0" is not.

I have also tried not to use fwmark but added the rules directly with "tc
filter...", but with same results...

Have I forgotten something, or what is the problem?

<http://luxik.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb/htbfaq.htm> says:

"All packets are dropped when "default" is set to nonleaf

Yes. Default kwyword must point to leaf or be 0 (so unclassified packets go thru directly). If you want to "direct" other packets to non-leaf do it by catch all filter with the largest "pref". "

This smells like something related...

--
Mvh. / Best regards,
Steen Suder		<http://www.suder.dk/>