QOS problems switching from CBQ to HTB.

Hello all!  So as not to inundate the entire list with a huge email, I have
put together a web page that
explains my situation and problem in detail.  Here is a quick summary:

                                  Internet

                           CCAonline Router (Cisco)

                                   (eth0)
                            Master CCAonline AP
                           HTB Bandwidth control
                                  (wlan0)

                            ===================
                           /  /  /  /|\  \  \  \
                          /  /  /  / | \  \  \  \
                         /  /  /  /  |  \  \  \  \
                    (Lots of Wireless Clients) |  \
                                               /   \
                                              /     \
                                            AP1     AP2
                                           /          \
                                          /            \
                                      =======        =======
                                     /  /|\  \      /  /|\  \
                                    /  / | \  \    /  / | \  \
                                  Other Wireless  Other Wireless
                                      Clients         Clients
Up until a few weeks ago, we had been using kernel version 2.4.18 and
CBQ.init to control bandwidth. I set that up quite a long time ago, and only
vaguely understood bandwidth control when I did, but it seemed to work well
enough. A few weeks ago, the hard drive began to fail in our master AP. I
had been working on designing its replacement anyway, so I was able to make
it limp along until I got 'Son of Master AP' up and running. The problem we
have now is that QOS is pretty crappy. I've read the LARTC HOWTO, and pretty
much the entire docum.org site. I feel like I have a relatively good handle
on the subject matter, but I'm not able to achieve good QOS. I'm mainly
looking for advice and input on how best to fairly share the available
bandwidth among the subscribers to our service. Ultimately we will want a
higher priority level for business clients, but that can wait until the
basics are under control. All details are available from
http://wireless.ccaonline.com/lartcThanks, everyone!  This is a great
list!Curtis V. Schleich,CCA and CCAonline,cvslist (at) ccaonline (dot) com