Re: firewalling PPPOE stream without terminating it

Harald Welte wrote:

For those just joining, I'm trying to put a box between my DSL modem and my ethernet switch to enable me to filter up to 5 PPPoE streams. Harald suggested I move the discussion to the proper lists.

I would like to ask you this question at an apropriate mailinglist
(netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or the lartc mailinglist [since the
assumption that you would need to do NAT in case you terminate the two
dsl lines is invalid an can be solved using policy routing + connmark]).

Okay, so you're suggesting terminating all the connections on the new box and then using policy routing to forward the packets on to the appropriate address(es) on the internal side? And since the PPPoE headers have been removed, I could then use standard iptables to do the filtering?

Chris

--
Chris Friesen                    | MailStop: 043/33/F10
Nortel Networks                  | work: (613) 765-0557