Re: re: SFQ variant

First, thanks for reply ;-)

DC> Clearly you'll have to identify which IPs belong the the same users.
DC> I suggest doing this by a bunch of rules that set marks.  In fact
DC> you can set the marks to numbers 1, 2, ... <#users>.
DC> Then you can replace the sfq hash function with the mark.

You're right, I'll use esfq and simply change an input to the hash
function to the part of packet which contains the mark.

DC> Of course, you have to make sure you have enough queues.
DC> This gives equal access to every mark.

Or I will set the marks from 0-x so that the hash function will do
nothing and the hash function index will be also the mark number then.

DC> If you want to give different shares to different marks then of course
DC> you have to specify how much.  The easiest way I see to do that is to
DC> use different quanta for different marks.

I don't know what's quanta :( But I'd rather know how to connect some
other other priorization. How is CBQ (or HTB) working when an ESFQ is
connected to it? ESFQ is then created on every CBQ class? Or there is
only one ESFQ strangely connected to all of the CBQ classes?

Thanks,

--
Regards,
 Vladimir Trebicky                            mailto:trebicky@xxxxxxxx