R: R: time window in CBQ

Title: R: R: time window in CBQ

Ok, but what about my iproute/tc script for VoiP priorization? Any suggestion?

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: John McCain [mailto:jmccain@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Inviato: venerdì 5 settembre 2003 15.44
A: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Oggetto: Re: R: time window in CBQ

I must recommend against using G723 unless you are in a very bandwidth starved
but high reliability situation.  VOIP is extremely time sensitive, and the
latency involved in compression greatly reduces your margin for error.  G711
uses more bandwidth (64k per call is a reasonable figure, but it depends on
packetization), but will be considerably more forgiving to jitter.