Re: Classifying IPv6 tunnel traffic

On Monday, 01 September 2003, at 19:25:13 +0200,
Thilo Schulz wrote:

> Currently, I have got an ipv6 tunnel, that has sit0 as interface.
> Since the Tunnel wrapping stuff is still ipv4 traffic that goes over the ppp0
> interface, i wondered whether I can classify this kind of traffic and put
> into a class. (i dont need to do any ipv6 shaping), So I wondered, whether
> someone here can give me the filter directive to match these tunnel packets.

6to4 IP traffic (I think this is its name, IPv6 traffic encapsulated
into IPv4 packets) can be easily identified. They are regular IPv4
packets, with a "protocol" field of 0x29, or decimal 41.

So use iptables and match packets on protocol. What you can't do (to the
best of my knowledge) if going deeper into the packets, and see if IPv6
pakects inside the IPv4 ones are of some kind or another.

Regards,

--
Jose Luis Domingo Lopez
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Sid (Linux 2.6.0-test4-mm4)