[LARTC] FTP Connection Tracking in a Bridge

You must use fwmark setting and not connmark.

Mohan
-----Original Message-----
From: lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lartc-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Wayne
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 2:18 PM
To: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LARTC] FTP Connection Tracking in a Bridge

Hello,
I have a box running as a bridge and am trying to track the passive FTP
sessions by marking them with iptables (CONNMARK option installed) and then
trying to pick up the mark using tc filter fwmark. This is not working.
I have checked the marking of the packets and this is working fine because I
can see the marks when I cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack.
Having setup my queues and using the following command:
tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1:2 protocol ip prio 1 handle 2 fw classid
1:2a
I do not get any traffic going in to this queue. I am running kernel 2.4.21.
My question is whether the packet that I have marked is actually every
getting to the tc filter. As I am running a bridge, does the packet get
marked in iptables PREROUTING, and then go straight to the FORWARD rule and
then out.
What is the sequence in which iptables processes the packet and then the tc
filter processes the packet.
Many thanks
Wayne