[LARTC] load sharing: ARP problem

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 11:33:47AM +0100, Ojasi wrote:
> I have some questions regarding load-sharing in the following scenario.
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------LAN1
>   |                              |                                   |
> eth0                         eth0                              eth0
> (PC1)                       (PC2)                            (PC3)
> eth1                          eth1                               eth1
>   |                               |                                     |
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- LAN2
>
> Each machine has 2 ethernet cards but single IP address.
> For each machine, eth0 and eth1 are in active-active mode for load sharing and are on different LANs
> In this case, how to solve the ARP problem.
> I tried to look for many available solutions on net regarding this. But could not find any perfect solution. Most of the solutions offer active-standby but not active-active.
> Can anyone help in this case ? how to deal with ARP problem and achieve load sharing ?

Depends on what you are trying to do...
The load sharing of what?
If you need the loadsharing of routing, you need to configure
each card with the same mac-address, and configure your switch to
have a lag on those ports....

If you need to share the load of a webserver f.i., then take a
look at keepalived...
--
mail          up      14:42,     7 users,  load 0.01, 0.02, 0.00
mistar1     down   45+00:24