[LARTC] How to limit a dev bandwidth.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the really clear explanation.

>  : Because it is not really possible to schedule the incoming traffic
>  : without simulating it as being transmitted from IMQ device.
>
> I really have no idea what you are trying to say here.  Scheduling is a
> function of the queuing discipline (e.g., SFQ, FIFO, ESFQ, WRR, RED and,
> taken as a whole CBQ and HTB qdiscs).  The reason for IMQ is to allow
> shaping to occur on a single box for incoming traffic destined to a local
> IP.

Sorry, what I meant was it is not possible to shape ( I used the wrong
word schedule in my earlier message. It was a typo.)  the incoming
traffic. It is only possible to shape the transmitted traffic. So I was
under the impression that we may need to use IMQ.

However, it is now clear that the "download" traffic which is passing thro
the firewall ( not the locally generated traffic) is transmit
"download" data to my internal network on the inside interface
eth0. So plain htb qdisc and classes will work as you have explained
below.

Thanks,
Madhuri