[LARTC] Bandwith sharing in NAT environment.

Hi

I wish to implement Bandwith sharing in a NAT environment.

The question is whether I can classify input packets on the basis of ip-addresses (private LAN addresses)? These packets finally need to be NATed before going on to Internet.

Would the tc filters see the private addresses and put it in the appropriate classes or would the tc filters see only the NATed address and the filter would fail in putting the packets in the appropriate classes?

The n/w diag would be somewhat like this

private address LAN ips ------>iptables(NAT)------>Internet.

Can I mark packets using iptables matching source ip-address?
What address will tc filter see when the private addresses are masqueraded ?

Any help is most welcome.

Cheers,
Rajesh

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.