[LARTC] What is drop in Qdisc_ops for?

Hi,

What is the operation drop() in Qdisc_ops for? What are the requirements on
a new qdisc?

As far as I can tell, the classfull qdiscs just pass it on to child qdiscs
and classless qdiscs drop the most recently queued packet. I can't find any
code that initiates all this though.

The operation is not described in the comments in sch_api.c where enqueue,
dequeue, requeue, reset, init, destroy & change are described (dump isn't
described either).

Chris.