Re: [LARTC] shaping incoming with ingress

On Thursday 31 July 2003 12:00, Rio Martin. wrote:
> On Thursday 31 July 2003 16:46, you wrote:
> > If I understand correctly, you have 1 router with 2 nics.  So you shape
> > incoming traffic on nic1 by shaping outgoing traffic on nic2.  This is
> > fine for your setup, but if you 3 nic's and you are running some services
> > on the router, you will have a problem.
>
> If i want to add more service, i will ask my boss to prepare another PC for
> those service, simple isnt it ? (:
> It would be better and wont interfere the performance of bandwidth manager
> ..
It's best if you have a dedicated shaper in bridge mode behind your firewall.
So all traffic passes thru the shaper and the shaper sees the real ip
addresses.  If the shaper is in bridge mode, your don't have to change your
network toplogy.  And you can even remove the shaper for tests/repairs
without interrupting your network.

Stef

--

stef.coene@xxxxxxxxx