Re: [LARTC] shaping incoming with ingress

On Thursday 31 July 2003 10:00, Martin A. Brown wrote:
> Well....(you'll love this) the reason everyone is saying "you can't shape
> incoming traffic" is because you can't shape incoming traffic (without
> IMQ).

Well, i shape incoming traffic without IMQ (:
I made my bandwidth.manager is on top of every router in my organization, so
every traffic coming or leaving my organization must be processed by my
bandwidth.manager first..

> Well, in short, what we're really saying is that you can't control what
> you receive (without IMQ).  As the recipient of frames/packets, you have
> no control over how fast they arrive in your device's input queue.

In my bandwidth.manager eth0 would be upgoing packet that needs to be manage,
while eth1 would be the incoming packet to my LAN network.

Regards,
Rio Martin.
--
Game of love, we play, we win only to loose.